Wednesday, May 04, 2005

It was murder, pure and simple.

It is with a very heavy heart and mascara-tainted tear stains on my cheeks that I have to tell you that AB 1307, California's shared parenting bill, was murdered today. I now understand exactly what the fathers have described when they write about sitting there listening to the opposition lying. It was obvious that their first witness hadn't even read the bill. If she did she was hoping the legislators hadn't. I heard all of the old lies that I read on the radicial feminist websites. I'm more and more embarrassed to be female. And I really don't like feeling this way.

I won't give up. I can't stop. Every day I find more people who want to join us. In the ladies restroom of the Hyatt today I met some college students who were at the capital lobbying for educational funding. After a 30 second conversation they wanted information so they can post flyers at their college. Whoever it was who said that college students care.... he was right. And these were girls. One girl said her generation is the first raised by sole single moms, and they know that it's not the best option.

This liberal father-loving feminist grandmother has just begun to fight!

No comments:

Popular Posts